Today Virtual Center suddenly stopped responding to our clients. When I tried to restart the Virtual Center Server service it wouldn't start, error message: Couldn't logon with supplied account...strange because nothing changed, at least not that I was aware of.
After checking the credentials things came clear...not a service account was used but the account of a colleague....who left a few days earlier and the account was disabled...today!
So...to do it right this time, I:
- Created a service account for Virtual Center
- Added it to the local Administrator group on the Virtual Center Server
- Logged in with the service account
- Reconfigured the ODBC for Virtual Center(Administrative Tools > ODBC)
- Started the services again and now with success.